This Mechanical Project Engineer position is responsible for development of design packages and project engineering support for large capital projects associated with Huntsman-licensed technology.
Essential responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing scope of work details for the Mechanical / Civil discipline on a variety of fixed and rotating types of equipment.
- Responsible for performing equipment design calculations and providing equipment specifications for new equipment procurement and installation.
- Project manager for developing and reviewing datasheets for new equipment procurement.
- Responsible for project management and implementation which includes equipment installation, field inspection, problem solving, and start-up assistance for licensed technology packages.
- Responsible for Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance as it relates to mechanical integrity, engineering design, relief devices, process safety information, maintenance related procedures and all applicable document retention requirements.
- Provides the licensees with technical assistance and written instructions concerning the installation, maintenance and proper operation of mechanical equipment.
- Attends review meetings with licensees and addresses questions from the licensees.
- Responsible for developing spare parts list for new equipment.
- Provides written instructions concerning the maintenance and proper operation of project related mechnical equipment.
- Keeps current with technical developments in his/her respective field through outside study, trade journals, technical societies, and seminars.
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Participates in Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with 5+ years specific experience.
- Professional Engineering License a plus.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
- Good oral and written skills are a necessity.
- Knowledge of fixed and rotation equipment in a refinery / chemical plant setting highly desirable.
- Some International travel is necessary.
Submit your resume on-line.
(MS Word format is preferred)
Huntsman is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals. Our operating companies manufacture products for a variety of global industries, including chemicals, plastics, automotive, aviation, textiles, footwear, paints and coatings, construction, technology, agriculture, health care, detergent, personal care, furniture, appliances and packaging. Originally known for pioneering innovations in packaging and, later, for rapid and integrated growth in petrochemicals, Huntsman has approximately 12,000 employees and operates from multiple locations worldwide. The Company had 2012 revenues of over $11 billion.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)